Farmers Market Manager
Portneuf Valley Farmers Market
PO Box 4308 Pocatello, ID
The Market Manager is a seasonal position, running from the beginning of May through the end of October. Hours are every Saturday from 6:30 am to 2:30 pm at the Old Town Pocatello Location. There are also Markets held on Wednesday afternoon/evenings during the summer months (Revive @ 5 and Chubbuck Farmers Market) that the manager would participate in and oversee.
Manager responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to,
- Determine the market layout each week with the assistance of the Marketing Director to maintain the city, state, and community requirements.
- The manager will open and close the markets. This includes overseeing and completing the setup and clean-up of the market materials, including, but not limited to tables, cones, signs, etc.
- Shall be willing to cooperate with the Marketing Director in activities that promote the market, such as placing signs and posters.
- Deal with complaints and concerns of vendors, and inform the President and/or Executive Committee if needed.
- Market Manager shall have the authority, with the assistance of a member of the Executive Committee, to remove and Vendor, Customer, or other persons on the Market property for inappropriate behavior, illegal actions, or a disregard of the Market Rules.
- The manager is responsible for annual fees, daily fees, and other market day finances, including but not limited to daily deposits, record keeping, and upon request, provides documentation to the treasurer. All accounting should be recorded electronically into the market's spreadsheet.
- Other responsibilities are listed in the Portneuf Valley Farmers Market Rules and Regulations.
- Be physically able to meet the demands of the job.
- Have customer service experience in high-stress situations.
- Be organized and understand accounting procedures.
- Be willing to work well with others and offer/accept assistance when necessary.
- Be dependable and present at each Market.
Resumes and letters of recommendation are welcome.
Please submit by March 28, 2021
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.