Motorclothes Associate Featured
Eagle Rock Harley-Davidson
1444 N Yellowstone Ave / Pocatello
Manage operations of the General Merchandise department. Coordinates ordering, inventory control, advertising and promotion, display, and retail sale of this merchandise.
Key Results Areas:
- Set-up and maintain a smooth running, efficient, appealing retail environment for the General Merchandise department.
- Assist in planning and executing “exceptional” promotions to bring both “new and existing” customers into the dealership on a regular basis.
- Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1) General Merchandise Department Operations
- Maintain product assortments, gauge stock movement, and devise promotions, when necessary.
- Design displays for merchandise that are appealing to customers. Make effective use of:
Fixtures Wall Displays
Show Cases Glass Cubes & Towers
Mannequins Window Displays
- Regulate seasonal promotions (i.e. holiday display themes, special events, etc.) and coordinate them with other departments.
- Occasionally assist staff when needed.
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for General Merchandise management.
- Ensure all merchandise and displays are clean, well dusted, and appealing to customers.
- Maximize return on investment of General Merchandise inventory.
- Grow the volume of General Merchandise sales.
- Maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
- Develop advertising sales, and promotional campaigns for merchandise.
- Communicate regularly with the Harley-Davidson Motor Company regarding:
- Product Availability
- Product Style Options
- New/Future Product line Studies
- Benchmark other retailers to determine “best practice” standards.
- Attend training sessions (H-D Net) to keep current with merchandising trends & inventory control issues.
2) Customer Service
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Point out any sales, specials, or new merchandise to staff and customers.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
3) Other Duties - As Assigned
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, etc.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the General Merchandise business.
Qualifications & Job Requirements:
- Prior experience with retail sales preferred.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift 40 lb. of material
- Normally indoors, however, some outdoor work is required during open houses or other events.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.