WISP Network Engineer
Seeking a talented engineer with a background in wireless networking. Candidate will have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to define and implement complex projects.
Preference will be given to individuals that possess these skills
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: The position is to install new customers, solve service-related issues, and provide customer support.
Analyze current network, troubleshoot, diagnose, and rectify issues as required. Monitor performance and status of the Network; for troubleshooting and researching problems; create and maintain logs, records, diagrams, and reports of any and all network systems.
Perform the Installation, operation, administration, and maintenance of Wireless Network.
Configure, wireless AP’s switches and access controllers for network deployment. Installing, upgrading and maintaining network operating systems, and hardware.
Working with the Principle partners to develops design criteria for implementing new products, services and technologies to meet customer needs.
Complete a daily routine of new customer installations and service calls as assigned
Operate and maintain work vehicle
Represent the company in a professional manner
· Service changes
· Radio configuration
· Network performance
· Equipment pickup
· Tower service work
· Regularly climb ladders and works on rooftops
Interact with customers in a professional courteous manner
Educates customers in the use of installed products
Promote company to generate new accounts, and or service upgrades
Collect the required signatures for all waivers, agreements and customer release forms
Wireless networking experience maintaining and supporting WiFi network infrastructure.
Experience in network administration
Experience installing and supporting both wired and wireless network solutions.
Knowledge of the following:
· IP protocol and subnet masking
· Wireless Controllers
· Routing protocols and configuration
· Switching and configuration options (VLANS, HSRP, NSSA, DHCP, PBR, VPN’s, NAT, ect)
· VoIP protocols (a plus)
Strong analytic, problem-solving, and conceptual skills; and strong verbal and written communication skills.
Local are travel is required
· Minimum 18 years of age
· MikroTik certified ( MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE, MTCINE, MTCUME)
· Valid state driver’s license and a good driving record
· Stable work history
Experience in the following areas a plus:
· Running wire
· Equipment installation
· Trained tower technician
· Ability to carry and use tools and equipment
· Ability to complete paperwork
· Ability to troubleshoot issues
· Ability to drive a motor vehicle
· Clean driving record
· Ability to follow safety guidelines when performing company work
· Ability to communicate in person and by telephone
· Ability to bend, stoop, and crawl
· Ability to climb ladders and work in high places
· Ability to work in small places (such as crawl spaces and attics)
· Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.