To assist in the preparation of raw materials and WIPs to be used in food products in Amy's kitchen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
- Follow instructions from Shift Lead, Lead Prep, Kitchen Supervisor or Kitchen Manager.
- Understand and follow all SOP's for Prep equipment.
- Understand and follow all standard batching procedures and techniques. This includes correct weighing and measuring procedures.
- Ensure correct tag labeling and storage procedures are being followed. All food or ingredient containers (buckets, plastic totes, transfer carts, steel totes, gondolas, etc.) must have a label which includes the description of contents and dare material goes in to production, weight of bucket. All food safety practices must be followed at all times.
- Must have a clear understanding of basic Math and Reading.
- Understand the quality attributes (smell, taste, texture, color, particulate size, etc.) of the food ingredients being prepped. Check for quality of items handled and report possible problems immediately to the Lead Prep, or Shift Lead. Duties include but are not limited to: prepping onions, carrots, spinach, cheeses, canned goods, etc.
- Comply with the rules and regulations set forth in Amy's Kitchen Inc. employee handbook, safety manual and GMP booklet.
- Report all mechanical problems to the Prep Lead, Assistant Supervisor, or Kitchen Manager or Maintenance Department immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Prep Lead or Assistant Supervisor or dictated by the production schedule.
- Regular Attendance Required.
- During peak season or base on company needs overtime is required.
It is the responsibility of all employees to uphold the mission of the Amy's Food Safety and Quality Policy. This includes following all Food Safety and Sustainability programs and participating in all required training
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must pass math and Literacy test successfully
- LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- REASONING ABILITY
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Certified in batch sheet usage
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally push, pull, lift and/or move 50 - 65 pounds and team lift over 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The position requires constant movement, reaching stretching, lifting, pulling, pushing, rapid movements under wet condition (non weather).